Jason Wu for Target: Product Review
I was very excited to check out this collaboration in store because I love most all Target collaborations & Jason Wu is one of my favorite designers. I was certain that the dresses would be too short on me (which is usually the case) but was pleasantly surprised by a few. While there were some misses in the collection, I loved how on-trend many of the items are. Peplum, pleats, florals, stripes, red/white/blue combinations, slight Peter Pan collars. The collection had a bit of everything. It also had elements that reminded me of Jason Wu’s S/S 2012 RTW collection which was nice to see, too!
1) Peplum top + pleated skirt + 2 tone bag: Yellow is typically a bad color on me, but, to both of our surprise, we loved this top. It looks nice without a belt, but I like the waist belt above the peplum which makes the top + skirt look more coordinated. It reminded me of a couple looks from Jason Wu’s S/S 2012 collection (here, here). The top would look nice with a pencil skirt, too. The color reminded me of the Jason Wu dress Diane Kruger wore in 2010. Also, the bag is perfect.
2) Floral dress with yellow belt: This dress runs big, and the belt is ridiculously huge—I’m going to have to get additional holes put in. I like the neckline and length of the dress. The yellow, for lack of a better word, “pops” against the floral print and it’s a flattering cut. It would look cute with a cardigan and ballet flats for work in the spring and I also think I’ll wear it to my cousin’s wedding over the summer.
3) Shirt dress with slight Peter Pan collar: If you are wanting to try the Peter Pan collar trend, this one is very slight. Personally, I do not like this look on me, but by unbuttoning the top button it just looks like a printed shirt dress. The dress has a defined waist but with its shape it requires a belt (borrowed from Mom for this pic). It’s cute with tights, though 1) it needs a slip underneath and 2) it’s on the shorter side so I’m on the fence as far as keeping it.
4) Red/white/blue stripes: Red/white/blue “Americana” is a trend for the coming season which can be seen in retailers’ nautical looks and in several of the Jason Wu for Target looks, too. Seeing as I’m always drawn to stripes, I liked this shirt because it captures the trend while still being the type of separate that can be dressed up or down. Plus, it’s more flattering than the striped dress from the collection…which was kind of nightgown material.
5) Lace top + pleated skirt (same skirt as #1): Pleated skirts are “in” this season, though pleats can be hit or miss. Often they can accentuate the hip region and thus, can be unflattering. I was very happy with the fit of the black and floral pleated skirts—the waist band helps the skirts to fall nicely and the length, just at the knee, would be perfect for work or evening. I like the lace top though it’s nothing special and therefore I will probably return it. It looks cute with jeans and a cardigan, too though.
6) Mixed prints (replicating the look from the above ad): When I first saw the Jason Wu for Target ads, I thought the floral look was a dress with mixed prints. I was surprised to find that it was actually a top and skirt, but I like the interesting mixed print look. Also, the pleated floral skirt reminds me of Jason Wu’s spring collection (here) and would look nice paired with a white top, black top and even chambray. It’s a little big, so I may get it taken in.
7) Poplin dress with striped hem: This dress was the one I was most excited for, but I knew it would probably be a bit short. I love it, but it’s slightly too short on me for my liking and they only had a size bigger than I normally wear and thus, it’s too big. It definitely needs to have a belt added at the defined waist but even so, it was still a bit too roomy. I ordered the next size down online and will see if I like the fit any better (despite the slightly too short on me hemline).
The black fit & flare dress is adorable in person, but was so ridiculously short on me it was the only one that I tried on that I didn’t bring home to try on for a second time.
Seeing as I have several weddings, showers & events over this next year I feel that I’ll get a lot of wear out of most of these items. Plus, many can be dressed down for work, too making them doubly versatile. All in all, I liked everything I bought but, of course, can’t keep everything.
Favorites: The items I will definitely hold onto are both pleated skirts, the peplum top, the floral top, floral dress, poplin dress with stripe (if the smaller size fits better) & handbag.
- lets-mary-silva ha reblogueado esto desde moda-estilo
- A lets-mary-silva le gusta esto
- modamakecabelo ha reblogueado esto desde moda-estilo
- A modamakecabelo le gusta esto
- A todafabulosali le gusta esto
- A tristesrealidadesyverdades le gusta esto
- A karollveigalove le gusta esto
- A garotasabetudo le gusta esto
- A ogfm24 le gusta esto
- moda-estilo ha reblogueado esto desde desire-irreplaceable
- A moda-estilo le gusta esto
- desire-irreplaceable ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A desire-irreplaceable le gusta esto
- A amber-pheonix le gusta esto
- A lovelychickforever le gusta esto
- mynombreisrosa ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- grilledcheeselover69 ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A merlina1999 le gusta esto
- fashi0ny0urseatbelts ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- wonderlessinhell ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- an-american-dream ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A valenzuela-barrios le gusta esto
- artappreciationclub ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A mdtepsic le gusta esto
- A rchell35 le gusta esto
- A imaprofessional le gusta esto
- scarfteamfreaksunited ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A ked-sings le gusta esto
- A sjimena le gusta esto
- A uglysunday le gusta esto
- A gold-coast-barb le gusta esto
- A aiviet le gusta esto
- jahnellecouture ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A jahnellecouture le gusta esto
- A petrasconinna le gusta esto
- A eggoraptor le gusta esto
- A picturegames le gusta esto
- rossstephie01 ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A hausofthekilla le gusta esto
- A musegirls le gusta esto
- A god-shaped-hole le gusta esto
- A gemmpage le gusta esto
- A thegirlwholovedhim le gusta esto
- A crazily-creative le gusta esto
- vivalaweirdoo ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- A askamberlee le gusta esto
- A faerybelle le gusta esto
- A anabolenaconsorte le gusta esto
- gadistanggal21 ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales
- oliviameredith ha reblogueado esto desde tallgirltales y ha añadido: